Thursday, October 30, 2008

Quality blogging about poor quality cheese.


The most disgusting thing that I have ever heard of would have to be processed cheese. It comes in one simple plastic layer. It's actually quite disgusting if you ask me. I remember as a child eating it as much as I drank water. It was seriously the only thing that I would consume on a daily basis. I now look back at it and I am repulsed. It has an awful odour and i actually have got no idea on what it is made of. Is it like hot dogs made of gross reminisce from that day at the slaughter house or is made of plastic? My god it could be anything.
So i went on a mission myself to find out what this delightful " fake" cheese is made of. What I came up with was ultimately the disgusting. The "cheese" is made with real cheese but food colouring, extra salt, and texture is added if needed. This cheese lacks flavour and interest, but people eat for its convince.. just like every other person in North America. Taken straight for Wikipedia, it states "Pasteurized process cheese can be made from a single cheese or a blend of several cheeses. Cream milk fat, water, salt, artificial colour and spices may also be added. The mixture is heated with an emulsifier, poured into a mold, and allowed to cool". Honestly and truthfully, after someone reads this will they want to eat this delightful little treat? Knowing that your food is poured into a mold and cooled.. is this like a factory of car parts?
I think I have made may point very clear for all the readers. Processed cheese is not about the quality anymore, it's for the convience of the consumer. What have we come too, obviously to the point of eating fake cheese.

No comments: